Gonzalo,

I used to have that problem. My computer would freeze in Windows
when ever playing a 3d game. I found it would freeze spasmodically
using Linux. The problem was with my mother board and a buggy ACPI
component. Now I have ACPI modules installed and I have not
experienced a freeze.

Hope that helps.

BTW, I have not tried other cards I have a Nvidia GeForce 4.

--
Regards,

Kevin Saenz

Spinaweb