<quote who="Jeff Waugh">

> <quote who="Jan Schmidt">
>
> > There were some patches on the dri-devel mailing list recently to have 3D
> > work across both desktops on dual-output cards like this. Last time I saw
> > them, they worked, with wrinkles. It may appear in the DRI trunk sometime
> > soon, or not.
>
> On G400-and-similar chipsets? That would basically mean software 3d on the
> second head (ughily slow), as they can't do hardware accelerated 2d or 3d at
> all. Some other dual head cards are basically two separate video chipsets
> and outputs on the one card, so they should be fine.

No idea, I just remember seeing a discussion of using a single large
framebuffer for both viewports and then setting up the card to send a
portion out each interface, so you would get the same hardware acceleration
on both screens. It only worked for cards with 2 outputs, i.e.  not multiple
cards, and I can't remember which cards they were talking about.

J.
--
Jan Schmidt                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Karaoke bars combine two of the nation's greatest evils:
people who shouldn't drink with people who shouldn't sing."
 -Tom Dreesen