<quote who="Jeff Waugh">

> <quote who="Jamie Wilkinson">
>
> > Since then I've gotten myself a Matrox G400Max card which has two video
> > outs, and is supported well under Linux and XFree86 for both 3d acceleration
> > and dualhead.  At work I use a Matrox G450 in dualhead mode.  The matrox
> > drivers, however, do not support both hardware accelerated 3D and dualhead
> > at the same time, I have a feeling that this is a restriction in the
> > hardware.
>
> Yeah, the second head is just a hack, basically using a chunk of memory to
> fake a second output, which means you can't do anything funky with it. Works
> well enough in most cases, though.

There were some patches on the dri-devel mailing list recently to have 3D
work across both desktops on dual-output cards like this. Last time I saw
them, they worked, with wrinkles. It may appear in the DRI trunk sometime
soon, or not.

J.
--
Jan Schmidt                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I came for the quality. I stayed for the freedom. -- Sean Neakums