On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 09:31, Ken Foskey wrote:
> I was thinking of getting a laser / fax combo.  The boss lady wants a
> simple fax and I can use this to get my laser printer.  On the lower
> price point.  It must run under cups and toner must be in the reasonable
> range.  Any suggestions.

HP 3330MFP has been good to me the last 6 months. I use it exclusively
as a fax and copier, so I can't tell you whether it's any good under
CUPS, I'm afraid, but it does seem relatively robust.

I am using CUPS to talk to an HP 2100TN laserjet over the network and
that's rocking...

For what it's worth, MFP's have traditionally used non standard
protocols on the [parallel] wire, and so typically earn "paperweight"
status from linuxprinting.org .

The one I'm suggesting, however, eared a "mostly" which is pretty damn
good.

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-LaserJet_3330_MFP

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie
Operational Dynamics Consulting Pty Ltd

Australia +61 2 9977 6866  North America +1 646 270 5376

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/