At 05:59 PM 18/08/03, mick sent this up the stick:
A friend of mine (who owns a pub and will pay me in BEER! to fix
this)has asked me to set up a wireless LAN for him.

I suggested a Linux Box for the server, because I always recommended
Linux.

He has given me an IBM Aptiva for the server hardware (perfect), a
netgear wireless Hub and a WG311 wireless LAN card for the server.  He
will use a Toshiba Laptop running XPoo to access all this wireless
goodness.

PROBLEM:  I can't seem to find a driver or generic driver for this
card.  The server will probably run Redhat 9.0 (although I'm open to
suggestions).  So if anyone can point me in right direction, please do,
your help would be greatly appreciated.

Since this is for beer, I'll weigh in :)

The WG311 is Atheros-based, so the driver found at https://sourceforge.net/projects/madwifi/ *may* work. Can't say for sure, never tried it.

cheers,
Rob

-- You want to buy a magical chia pet?

This is random quote 1243 of 1254.

Distance from the centre of the brewing universe
[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian

Public Key fingerprint = 6219 33BD A37B 368D 29F5 19FB 945D C4D7 1F66 D9C5