On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Del wrote:

> Kevin Fitzgerald wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > One of my clients is a Major Record Chain that is looking at moving from
> > their Windoze Environment to a Redhat one....the problem is their POS
> > Software (A product called Winstore for anyone who knows of it).
> >
> > Migrating all of the users to Linux machines is a No Brainer and will
> > work fine but Migrating their Sales software to a Linux alternative is a
> > little trikier.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a Retail operation like a record company using any
> > such software? Can anyone reccomend some good free POS software for
> > running on Redhat?
>
> I know that there is a large plumbing supplies operation in
> Christchurch, NZ that migrated entirely to Linux.  I think
> they were called "Mastertrade" or something, the setup was
> done by Fujitsu.

Mastertrade is a bit broader than plumbing supplies these days.  They
bought out the cabling supplies place I used to deal with in Wellington.

> You might try googling about a bit, and see what you come up
> with.

Or go to freshmeat.

http://freshmeat.net/browse/79/?topic_id=79

Andrew

--

No added Sugar.  Not tested on animals.  May contain traces of Nuts.  If
irritation occurs, discontinue use.

Andrew McNaughton           In Sydney
                            Working on a Product Recommender System
[EMAIL PROTECTED]