From: Jeff Waugh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 29 August 2003 12:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Perl5.8 installed;Apt preconfigures, but fails to
install.

<quote who="Andrew McNaughton">

> I know that it's possible under debian to get a list of where files
come
> from (ie which package), and probably you can also get checksums.  I'm
not
> sure on the details though.

dpkg -S <file>
dpkg -L <package>

> You also want the list of installed software, which you should
normally be
> able to get from apt....  Hmm.  Presumably you can get it from looking
> directly at where apt stores its files.

dpkg -l

  or for just the package names:

COLUMNS=150 dpkg -l | awk '{print $2}'

:-)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2004: Adelaide, Australia
http://lca2004.linux.org.au/

   "You know, the crunchy, folk-singer part of me wants to believe that
     performance is a dialogue, but I can't hear a fucking thing you're
                          saying." - Ani DiFranco