On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Phil Scarratt wrote:

> > The funniest thing I read recently was a response from one of their tech
> > persons which did the whole is the.. hardware /software /memory /network
> > /cpu /virus thing in one email. Apparently the flakiness is due to
> > anyone but... MYOB.
> >

> > Stu
> >

> Always thought MYOB multi-user setup was wrong...and of course MYOB is
> never at fault...

I used MYOB for years and last year switched to SQL-Ledger.. what a
relief!

I don't push the software very hard as my requirements are quite simple.
However, it's great to get SUPPORT, which I never got from MYOB.

If I have a problem I post to the very active SL mailing list. I've also
payed for for the support/documentation package from the
author/maintainer, a guy by the name of Dieter Simader. If I post a
problem this guy replies from my mailing list query within 24 hours. One
minor bug that I found was fixed by return email. Try getting THAT from
MYOB.

Like all OSS there are guys out there writing bugfixes and modules.
Recurring invoices has been discussed recently, but it's not something
that bothers me so I'm not sure what it's status is.

It's a classic case of why you want to get out of proprietry and into OSS.
It's NOT about whether you pay (which I did), it's about stability,
flexibility and support.