On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 20:36, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> No, this is just a packaging problem. As it says in the error, the
> pre- removal script had an error in it (a problem with dirname, given
> the output). The pre-removal script will be:
>
>   /var/lib/dpkg/info/plptools-kde.prerm
>
> Jump into that file and see what the dirname problem is. It may just
> be that you can comment out the broken line and it will uninstall
> happily. Also, when you're removing things that you really don't ever
> want again, it's useful to use --purge, which will also remove any
> configuration information.
>
> - Jeff

Sorry, but in my ignorance I can't see the problem.  So here is the
script:

#! /bin/sh
# prerm script for plptools-kde
#
# see: dh_installdeb(1)

set -e

#
# Workaround for a mis-feature (bug?) in kdelibs:
# If mimetype is inode/x-directory, then always the folder-icon is
displayed.
# If mimetype is something else, open dialog pops up. So, for displaying
# Psion's drive icons _AND_ opening drives without annoying dialog,
# modify konquerorrc to hide dialog when opening a Psion-drive
#

case "$1" in
        remove|upgrade|failed-upgrade|abort-install|abort-upgrade|
disappear)
                KDEBUGRC=`dpkg -S kdebugrc | awk '{print $2}'`
                KONQRC=`dirname $KDEBUGRC`/konquerorrc
                if test -f $KONQRC ; then
                        cp $KONQRC $KONQRC.$$
                        grep -v 'askSaveinode/x-psion-drive=' $KONQRC.$$
> $KONQRC && rm -f $KONQRC.$$
                fi
        ;;
        *)
                echo "prerm called with unknown argument \`$1'" >&2
                exit 0
        ;;
esac

# dh_installdeb will replace this with shell code automatically
# generated by other debhelper scripts.

exit 0

Can wiser eyes than mine see what it is??

--
David