Hi,

I'm trying to set up apt-proxy, and am getting interminable 'connection refused'
errors.  Normally this would be because of incorrectly configured tcp wrappers.

My hosts allow looks pretty much like this:

ALL: .my.network.name
# And for good measure:
apt-proxy: 192.168.0.

And my hosts.deny is blank.

When I run 'tcpdmatch apt-proxy holly.hys.lan' I get:

client:   hostname server.my.network.name
client:   address 192.168.0.9
server:   process apt-proxy
matched:  /etc/hosts.allow line 14
access: granted

Now this would suggest that everything on the tcpd side of things is correctly
configured, and the problem is something to do with the configuration, but as I
understand it, this would result in tcpd putting an error message inmons.log whenever
I try to use apt, but there is nothing there.

I have tried both a hand-rolled sources.list and apt-proxy.conf, and files generated
by the bundled apt-proxy-mkconfig script to no avail.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Matthew.