Declan Ingram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> BTW I am not jon, i do not know jon. please feel free to trace my ip etc.

Sorry Declan, I was just stirring someone. For some reason gentoo
invokes a lot of emotion. Someone normally jumps in and says "waste of
fucking time" every time someone mentions gentoo (especially if they say
gentoo is faster).

There's been enough talk about the speed of gentoo for me to feel
satisfied that I'm not missing out on much. But the ease of configuring
compile time options sounds neato.

Hmmm, how about a debian distributed compile farm so you can configure
what options you want compiled in, and the packages get built as needed
on the farm just before you download them?

Anyways, I'd be interested in hearing more about gentoo if you feel
inclined to share your experiences as you go. In particular, I'd like to
know more about configuring what options get compiled in to packages,
I've only read a small amount about it.