Hi Scott,

Check out IPCop

www.ipcop.org

It is a GPL fork from SmoothWall - forked about 18 months ago.

It uses iptables. It also has lots of other cool features that SmoothWall doesn't...

Will run from Compact Flash.
ISDN DOV support.
PCI ADSL support.

Cheers,

- Guy.

At 02:30 PM 8/10/2003 +1000, you wrote:
Hi All,
A friend of mine has just implemented smoothwall in their office, and
no-one there knows much about Linux....
They were having problems with pptp VPN forwarding, however We finally
sorted it out.
My problem is, smoothwall still uses ipchains. I am not real familiar with
ipchains (only had 2 months with it, then netfilter came out).
Also, smoothwall seems VERY cut down (no Man pages for one), and a lot of
the documentation was useless.

Can anyone recommend another alternative that has better documentation,
and uses iptables, and is user friendly.

I suppose I could make a debian box with webmin, but the install isn't
very friendly.

Thanks,

Scott

--