When you say you have "manually selected all required files for installation in the installer" have you both checked the boxes, as well as changed the status from default to install?

Fil

Brad Kowalczyk wrote:

Hi all,

This may be a little OT but I am trying to install cygwin on my XP box, but i am having some trouble. Upon running the installer it finds the temp download directory and seems to pass all checksums and then says install is complete and my cygwin directory seems to have the full directory tree under it, but the directories are all empty, except for /etc/setup which has a timestamp file and /var/log which contains 2 log files (see attached).

Does anyone have a clue as to what could be happening here? I have manually selected all required files for installation in the installer but it makes no difference, it still wont install them.

cheers,

Brad

--
Phil Scarratt