On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 22:45, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> If you feel absolutely compelled to discuss this any further, do so on
> slug-chat. (Unless you are asking about configuration for lists YOU
> run.)

Well, now that you mention it... ;-)
I'd just like to clear up a few things that seemed to be left hanging
after the meeting.

> Hence, SLUG admins will retain the current policy: non-subscribers
> will
> be able to post without moderation, and the admins will try and
> prevent
> spam reaching SLUG using Postfix, SpamAssassin and Mailman checks on
> content of the mails, rather than the From address.

Jamie mentioned this during sluglets, but I may as well elaborate.
We'll soon be adding bogofilter (http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net/) in
to the mix as well.  One of my codefest projects will be writing a
useful python wrapper around bogofilter, and plugging it in to mailman.
Nutting out the details of handling remote training nicely is making it
an interesting endeavour.

I'll also be looking in to generating useful statistics from the mailman
logs, so we can have a much firmer idea of how effective the current
strategies are.  Is there any packages around that already do this?  Any
advice or suggestions more than welcome.

--
Pete