On 04 Nov 2003 21:32:35 +1100
Bruce Badger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have found that testing is the worst of both worlds (i.e. of stable &
> unstable).  It does not have the latest things, and it's not very
> stable.

Funny thing is, I have found just the opposite. Testing for me is
perfect for both my laptops, my desktop and my wife's desktop.

> Some things are missing altogether - e.g. there is no testing
> version of GNUCash.  Some things have large chunks missing (e.g. Gnome).

Ahhh, but I don't use either GNUcash or Gnome (although I do use certain
apps from GNOME). My machie are used mostly for developement work.

> I find testing is the most challenging environment of the three.

I used stable for a while but found it was too far behind the mainstream. I also
tried unstable but found it too bleeding edge. Testing for me has worked really
well for a number of years.

I guess this is a case of different needs being met by different versions.

Erik