If cron is running on localhost, you enter localhost.

> [Louis] Most of the hits from the Hosts (Top 10) section of AWStats is
> from my ISP as a result of the activities
> I do regularly on the server. I don't want AWStats to look at my ISP IP
> period. The ISP IP is dynamically allocated.
> So do I just enter say the top 2 level only, i.e xxx.xxx.ignore.ignore
>
> Where xxx.xxx is the part I enter ?

You enter ^xxx.xxx. as in the example directly above SkipHosts.

> [Louis] I have other questions from AWStats log display. With the
> "Connect to site from" section of AWStats:
>
> 1. the part "Links from an Internet Search Engine", the data is provided
> in two parts, i.e
>
> - engine Pages/Hits
>
> 1.1- What does Hits mean here ?
>      Does it mean the no. of times Search Engine spidered the site ?

I think hits is files, number of things accessed. So if your webpage has an
external stylesheet, or some external javascript, the spider may grab these.
Google may even get the images for its image search.

> 1.2- What does pages viewed means here ?
>      Does it mean total pages that the Search Engine spidered on the
>      site ?

It means the number of pages viewed, the number of .php, .html, .htm, etc.
files accessed I guess.

> 2. the part "Links from an external page", sometimes I see pages from
> the site itself
> listed in this section. How can that be ?

Not sure, that is a bit perplexing. Do they have the same hostname? Make
sure your HostAliases is set up correctly if you have missed a host here
that your site could be called then it will think its external.

> Thanks.

No worries hope that helps.

Joel