> I was wondering if it is possible, or even etiquette to have the following
> spam filter:
> One that accepts the incoming tcp port 25, and then does the checks in
> realtime.
> ie:
> EHLO; mail
> <check with rbl lists if IP or reverse lookup is an open relay, if so,
> send a  530 Access Denied and exit>
Yes it's possible, just means someone needs to update your access file
every time a dodgy email hits your site. In total is it worth your time
updating on a regular basis and having a few dodgy emails coming
through?

Problem is that we will all be one step behind the spammers. We can
minimise their attack once we see what they generate.
I constantly keep my check_header, check_body and access db up to date.
Every now an again I will get 3 - 4 spams a day as opposed to the 400 I
got last year.

--
Regards,

Kevin Saenz