Re some discussion on IRC:

There's an increasingly large number of good talks being rejected from
the linux.conf.au conference. If one of those talks was yours, please
consider giving it at SLUG. (Accepted speakers might also like to give a
talk if they think it's SLUG appropriate.)

You would have to repurpose it a bit: the SLUG audience is slightly less
technical on average and our talks are 30 minutes talks, but we'd love
to have you.

Also, if you're preparing a talk for a Free Software or other conference
that is relevant to SLUG, and that you think SLUG would be interested
in, offer us a talk based on that.

Anyone wanting to give a talk at SLUG meetings should mail
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with a topic and a very informal abstract (just a
paragraph summary of the material and some idea of the intended audience
will be fine).

-Mary