Freeswan is broken with the standard kernel that ships with Mandrake 9.2
I have to reinstall the version that shipped with 9.1. Not even game to
try it with the 2.6 kernel yet. There are a lot of core dependencies
that mean you have to get the right mix of kernel version to freeswan
version. ick.

The super-freeswan (I am not kidding about the name) folks might have
got it all working. They tend to exist more on the bleeding edge of the
technology.

HTH

Stu