hi

first the answer to chris' mail: i cannot access the mirror 'cause using a prepaid telpaficic dialup.

today at the [EMAIL PROTECTED] i have seen a couple of powerbooks and at least one ibook with linux on it.

The iBook might have been me. It runs Linux 99.9% of the time because I find OSX a PITA.

osx is really nice and has many nice features. ok, it is not linux und and not another bsd. and thats the reason. i miss to work on a system with full unix support. yeah, i know. "osx is based on blabla and it is a bsdbased and ...".

but it is not the same. i mean i have to use fink *yieks* to get the full power of the system. the tools delivered by apple are not the good and much tools are missing.

but: is there a way to boot a linux from cd - and just from cd? sth like a gentoo, knoppix, ...? any ideas? of course with the latest/the best software like gnome aso :)))

Could you live with doing all your work on an external USB harddrive? That might be possibility.

yes and no. i guess, i am currently in the situation that most windows users are. i want to see if everything of the hardware is working. i know that the powerpook is supported well, but can i connect my canon ixus to the system and does it work? can i connect the mem-card-reader and can i use it? is the performance acceptable (i think yes)? and how about the monitor, wifi card, usb, ....?

so, before i screw my whole system up, i want to see, if everything is working fine and everything is supported. and i think the best way is cd to boot linux from and to see, what happens - without changing the system. :)

you know: insert cd, boot the system, mess around and reboot a fully functioning system.

cya