> Many thanks to Kevin Saenz for providing a solution for synchronising
> my iPaq 3630 with Redhat 9.0.

No Prob ;)

> However, if I set a password on the iPaq, even using the dccm -p xxxx
> command, the sync does not work - I get the following error message:
> [synce_info_new:31] unable to open file:
> /home/malcolm/.synce/active_connection
> [rapi_context_connect:88] Failed to get connection info
> [synce_get_changes:176] Failed to initialize RAPI
>
> Any thoughts?

Here are a few ideas.
1. Did you set the password for syncing in windows?  dccm -p is using
sending a password if you set one up in the pervious windows sync you
have completed.
2. Because Telstra kill my land line and adsl codes on that line I am
webless :( until they pull their finger out, <soapbox>if there is a
telstra person out there kick someone up the bum for me ;) I have been
webless for 7 days.</soapbox> There is a FAQ on the synce site that
talks about RAPI. you might want to read that it might clear things up.

sorry about my little soapbox, just had to get it off my chest.