I'm looking at upgrading a kernel from 2.4.20 to 2.4.24. I'm running a
mandrake 9.2 system with lots of stuff server and client related.

Since this is a new thing for me (I generally stick within Kernel
releases that come with a MDK distro) I was wondering if someone knew
the general gotchas that might bite me (as it where).

I need to do this as a certain dvb package insists I need at least
2.4.23 to run. If it sounds too hard to resolve possible dependency
issues, I'll change tack and try the back releases of the DVB s/w.

TIA

Stu