On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 14:29, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>  On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 15:14, Hal Ashburner wrote:
>  > Project of the month at Sourceforge.
>  > http://sourceforge.net/potm/potm-2004-02.php
>  > http://www.compiere.org/
>
> You need Oracle, despite their use of db connection
> middleware.
>
> So ... got Oracle?
>
> I heard a complaint from somewhere that compiere
> have been working on database independence for a
> LONG time but do not seem to be getting closer
> to that goal.

Compiere is writen mostly using Oracle plsql, stored procedures,
trigrers and all that.

I heard a port to PostgreSQL was underway, but have heard nothing about
that effort for quite a while.  Probably just too hard, esp. as Compiere
is proving to be a very fast moving target.

If you *do* have Oracle it may be worth a try.  It seems to be an
ERP/CRM solution that many SMBs are getting good use from.

All the best,
        Bruce
http://www.openskills.com