On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 11:52 +1100, Andrew Cowie wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 15:14, Hal Ashburner wrote:
>
> > Any thoughts on Sourceforge in general?
>
> Slow, too much promotion and advertisement clutter, difficult to use,
> stupid forums that don't map to mailing lists.

But nevertheless providing an invaluable place to stash code and
collabarate without having to pay for the bandwidth.

To be honest, I've never thought it was hard to navigate, or that they
had too much advertising. I will admit to being frustrated by the poor
performance of their anonymous CVS servers and the fact that promised
upgrades have never arrived.

As someone that's used sourceforge for a few projects though, the
logged-in-developer experience is better than the anonymous one.

J.