Have had Fedora Core 1 - with all updates - runninhg 100% without problems.

Update of 2.4 kernel placed additional entry in Grub menu for later 2.4 kernel as default.

I updated/installed 2.6 kernel from Test and now I can only boot into text mode.

System says pointer device not found and XServer will not load.

I've checked the XF86Config file and all appears OK - correct mouse details (Generic PS2) and Monitor (NEC E950 with correct resolutions etc).

How can I
(1) either get 2.6 to load XServer, or
(2) reinstall the 2.4 kernel?
or can I
(3) enter command at Grub menu prior to booting the 2.6 kernel to get XServer to run?

Thanks

Bill