On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:23:32 +1100 (EST)
Kanwar Plaha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What about the modem that ISPs provide by default as
> part of their promos?

Different ISPs provide different modems.

> For instance, i am about to
> install ADSL broadband from Telstra ...

My experiences with Bigpond Cable broadband is the reason I am
moving to ADSL with someone other than Bigpong.

Telstra currently have a number of their mail servers listed
in the SORBS database:

    https://www.dnsbl.au.sorbs.net/cgi-bin/lookup

I have so far spent over 5 hours on the phone to telstra suport
bots (actually an insult to most functional bot programs) explaining
to them that its their responsibility to get Telstra's mail servers
out of the database.

Meanwhile, I am getting legitimate email from me to people I know
all over the world getting bounced back to me.

Telstra are beyond clueless and I advise anyone to stay well away
from them.

Erik