On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> Telstra currently have a number of their mail servers listed
> in the SORBS database:
>
>     https://www.dnsbl.au.sorbs.net/cgi-bin/lookup

And not just the cable ones either - a good percentage of their mail
servers that permanently connected business customers are supposed to use
as relays, or if they can't set up their own mail server, are there as
well.

I keep catching hell at work because the RBL lookup matches, and blocks
legitimate inbound mail. I remove the server, but as soon as another
message comes through - BAM, right back in.

And there is *no* consistancy as far as which server gets used - you can't
say "Client XX uses server YY for outbound mail all the time", and put in
an exception for server YY.

> I have so far spent over 5 hours on the phone to telstra suport
> bots (actually an insult to most functional bot programs) explaining
> to them that its their responsibility to get Telstra's mail servers
> out of the database.

You are flat out wasting your time. The only thing that got Telstra off
their arse to fix their news servers was the threat of a UDP against them
- and even then, they did it at the absolute last minute.

> Telstra are beyond clueless and I advise anyone to stay well away
> from them.

So do I, but unfortunately, you can't stop people sending you mail from a
Telstra account.

DaZZa