Danger! Danger! Will Robinson another engineering dude maintaining I.T
whilst
completing their normal job description ;-) I have several engineering
clients
like this and it has been fun cleaning up a huge mess.

I think you will get very vague views on what you can do in getting a
solution as
IMHO this is most slug member's life blood. It's like us asking your group
for an engeering solution for free.

We (standard discalimer applies) are more than happy providing Linux
support
and help with software related with Linux. If you have a direction and know
of a
possible solution that you want to implement we may have some people who
have experience in resolving some configurational problems you may come
across.

I hope I have not jumped on anyone's toes here. As most of slug subscribers
are aware I am more than happy in providing free help to Linux problems
when I
know of a solution.

[snip]
Slug,

I am not sure whether this may be the correct list to post to, however i
am sure there is a large number of IT professionals on this list who may
be able to provide some insight on a problem.

I work for a small engineering firm as a design engineer, i also have
the task of being the the IT manager for our small network. Hence please
bear with me if i dont make complete sense since it is not my first trade!

[snip]