Felix Sheldon wrote:

Oh no. So you're a creationist then?

Linux was created.
A very bright young man created the Linux operating system using his intelligence and since then many others have helped him make it better by using their intelligence. There was no BSOD and then Linux v1.0 sitting there with the cursor flashing.

Oh no. So you're an evolutionist then?
(It was mostly your choice of language that tipped me off, but this ridiculous statement shows that you have no clue about what you're arguing against.)

Evolution has no creator and no intelligence.
Linux has a creator and intelligence.
My point was that IMHO the evolution analogy applied to how Linux is pretty immune to viruses does not fit.

Try reading up about things such as creation, 2nd Law of thermodynamics, geophysics or archaeology in general.
(I don't think SLUG is the place for YOUR proselytising either, thanks very much.)

Ben