On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 05:28:42 +1100, John Clarke wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 04:55:18 +1100, Jeff Allison wrote:
>
> > OK bought a surftv box which is a set top web browsing thingy works ok
> > but it only has a modem. Can I get two modems ie the one in it and the
> > one in my redhat box to talk without going via an exchange like a kind
> > of null modem but with a modem cable.
>
> Maybe.  It depends on the line interface of the two modems, whether the

Google gave me this page describing how to make a line simulator if the
modems require line voltage:

http://student.ugm.ac.id/~mastris/erhin/RESOURCE/Modem/Connecting%20two%20computers%20using%20their%20modems,%20without%20a%20telephone%20line.htm

Cheers,

John
--
We Europeans tend to prefer our cars like our women: small, curvy,
responsive and not too thirsty. If North Americans prefer Eastern Block