I do, just post questions to SLUG as usual.

The internet wins again.

just as a plug clamshell ibooks are dirt cheap on ebay and really are
classy. not to mention that x runs great, sound (alsa *grin*), usb
firewire, airport card (built in 802.11b) all work great.  i havent got
the modem working but frankly i dont care. its getting the ati card to
work in X but not through framebuffer.

You'll always be using the framebuffer device; X uses it for some features,
even as it uses the rage128 directly.

i tried using the ati driver for x, but it claims it cant find the bios. im not sure if thats the problem as the output in the logs isnt clear it does recognise the chipset. but basically im tried to get my video card to do some work (scaling). as in fb im under the impression that the cpu does all the work. but ultimatly im just lookinf for smoother mpg's/dvd/other-unmentioned-video-formats possibly at full screen.

mplayer has been good thus far, but scaling in any app just destroys
the experience. i dont know if youve played with it.

also, any luck with getting the airport card to scan with iwlist
i patch the driver but i seem to trade actually working as a network
device for scanning for ap's. not that i have more than one, just
that im pedantic.

i would like to turn mouse clicking off on the touchpad, i have
no idea where to configure that. i havent even worked out what
bus the keyboard and touchpad are on (some mac special i assmue)

Dean