changing to the ati driver made life worth living. far out
videos actually work really well now. i cant believe the
stress my poor little cpu must have been under with the fb
driver =\

If you use GNOME, install 'acme'. Otherwise, there's pbuttonsd and a few
other GUI-ish ones for wmaker and so on.

im a staunch Enlightenment fan. i try to keep as little gnome on my system as possible =) no offence to gnome fans. ill look into acme and see if i can get it going.

You should be able to use it immediately with minicom. There's a driver for
it which just makes the slightly odd serial interface work.

does it just show up as ttyS0? i dont know if the driver is loaded or what.

Dean