I've got a Lacie 120GB USB2 external HDD. There wasn't much required to get it going. I already had USB2 working and also USB-storage, basically I just plugged it in, looked in /proc/scsi and it was there as /dev/scd2 from memory (as I already had two ide cd-r's in the box as scd1 and 2). From there it was just a matter or creating the FS and mounting it.

Good luck

Brett

Gerard Blacklock wrote:
Slug,

Anyone had any luck in getting an external USB hard drive to work under linux? I have had the USB keys working fine by mounting as FAT no probs,

Any pointers on where to look regarding this issue? not 100% sure where to start!

gerard

-- Brett Fenton NetRegistry Pty Ltd _______________________________________________

http://www.netregistry.com.au/

Tel: +61 2 96996099  |  Fax: +61 2 96996088
PO Box 270 Broadway  |  NSW 2007, Australia

Your Total Internet Business Services Provider
Trusted by 10,000s of Oz Businesses Since 1997

This email is from NetRegistry Pty Ltd. The contents of this message are commercial and in confidence to the intended addressee.

The message may contain copyrighted and/or legally priviledged information. No person or entity other than the intended recipient may read, print or store this message, including any and all attached files.

The intended recipient may not forward this message to any third party without express written permission from NetRegistry Pty Ltd.