yeah got it working fine - way too easy! just mounted the respective FS (1 fat32 and 1 ext3) from /dev/sda1 and dev/sda2 ...all after a bit of reformatting tho!

The USB hardrive case is USB2.0, however i do not have USB2.0 on any boxes :( but it appears it is backwards compatible with USB1 )

However with USB1 it is darn slow......

Thanks for the info guys, was a bit too easy to get to work.....

gerard