Check out Compiere [http://www.compiere.org]. It's supposed to be good. Open Source, written in Java. Performance wise, the word is it's supposed to run rings around the likes of PeopleSoft. But I don't have the time to play around in the ERP/CRM space anymore, so I haven't loaded it. I had heard of least one ERP consultant implementing/extending it in Australia, based in Melbourne.

The biggest problem with it is the requirement of an Oracle backend. This is supposed to be rectified through some database independence work, but I'm not sure how that's progressing. The site's forums look the best place to get good information. See also: http://www.compiere.org/technology/independence.html

Cheers,

Matt

Eddie F wrote:

At work, the sales guys are pushing to replace ACT! with MS CRM. It relies very much on an MS infrastructure requiring MS-SQL2000, Exchange2000/2003 and it's own Win2000/2003 server running IIS, all in the same AD.
We where planning an SQL server for our AD anyway, but we would still have to purchase another pretty highly spec'd server. Plus I just don't like how heavily it relies on this MS infrastructure, especially since I was hoping to one day suggest a Linux replacement for Exchange.
Has anyone had any experience with open source alternatives to ACT! and MS CRM?

Eddie F.