if they are just hardware modems then there is no need
for 'drivers'. you just initialise it and off you go.
its just that windows calls everything 'drivers'.
drivers is a strange word anyway, do you need a driver
for your cpu?. oh the philosophy of it is mind blowing.

i would put linux ahead of windows.

my advise would be to be conservative with your
install. not throw on the latest kernel straight
from CVS and expect 3 year uptimes.

im assuming linux enterprise server is a redhat
distribution. its sad how windows-esque names are
invading the linux world. anyway its all just
a kernel, glibc and some random console tools to
me.

im also a big fan of freebsd on servers.
without being flamed too much i usually prefer
to run freebsd/openbsd on servers and use linux on
my desktops. but thats mainly because i think
the bsds are packaged better.

you should have no problems running some form
of radius or ldap server etc. id pay money youll
get closer to a perfect solution on free unix
that you would on one of bills crowd

Dean