Matthew Palmer wrote:

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 10:04:46AM +1000, David wrote:

Since I steadfastly refuse to run a windows box on principle, what can I
do with it to turn it into useful information? Is there any GOOD reason
why the ATO should not provide the information as something like a
tab-delimited spreadsheet format, given the essential and public nature of
the data?

Because Billy sucks as hard as his software?

This really does suck:

$ curl -I http://www.ato.gov.au/distributor.asp?doc=/content/44998.htm
Location: /businesses/content.asp?doc=/content/44998.htm

$ curl -I http://www.ato.gov.au/businesses/content.asp?doc=/content/44998.htm
Location: /content/downloads/n1005-05-2004.pdf

$ curl -I http://www.ato.gov.au/content/downloads/n1005-05-2004.pdf
Server: Microsoft-IIS/4.0
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:18:22 GMT

Inept web programming to say the least.
Mozilla picked up the two redirects and correctly got the
PDF for me.

Methinks your browser has some issues.

So, for once, it's not Gatesware screwing up, it's your browser. Particularly ironic is that fact that, had the same error turned up on a
Windows box, you could have had all sorts of troubles renaming it so a PDF
reader would actually deign to read it...

But three round trips to fetch a document? Crazy. Incompetent. Windows crappe.

cheers rickw

-- _________________________________ Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

I haven't blamed the states for anything. I'm just saying that problems
in the public hospital system are the states' fault.
     -- Tony Abbott on NineMSN