On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 12:03:57PM +1000, Stuart Guthrie wrote:
> Has anyone setup these two to play together nicely. I've just
> recommended the WRT054G to a friend and bigpond are not being helpful as
> to how to connect. ie pppoe, ppptp dhcp.
>
> I'm sure it can be done, but what incantation?
>
> His setup is (hopefully)
>
> PC . wifi card ~~~~~~ WRT054G -- CableModem -----------> Bigpond
>                               ^^ ethernet cable
>                  ^^^ Wireless

FWIW, I set up a WRT54G with bigpond cable and a heartbeat signal last
week.  It was a snap since it was a menu option in the WRT54G -
apparently the version 2 model works well, earlier versions need a
firmware upgrade.  A nice page on the subject:
http://www.ozcableguy.com/linksys1.html#wrt54g

I forget where I read it, but you should be careful not to change
the ping interval to zero, since apparently it goes into an infinite
reboot loop ...

Patrick