On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 12:42:12 +1000, Michael Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Guys,

Anyone had experience in producing a linux system that would run from
compact flash (say 128mb or 256mb compact flash card) that we could
use to say make a machine as a fileserver with samba, webmin etc...

I know we have similar stuff around that makes a system a firewall
like smoothwall etc, but I was thinking it might be nice to make a
system that runs from compact flash that would allow you to boot from
and then format some drives to be used as samba storage. Or even raid
0,1 those drives etc..

Maybe with time we could code in some nice web pages to manage minus
webmin, but who knows.. I just want to do something with a machine and
thought this would be a good idea.

Anyone got pointers to read or want to help.

Try Puppy Linux www.goosee.com/puppy this could be what your after... I love it, works from CD or flash card... Puppy Rocks!

--
Andrew Williss - VK5LA
Winkie, South Australia