I used what I'm confident is confirmed knowledge, namely:

Delimiter SPECS on zone files are 'TABS'. This is the case
with at least BIND4. I stayed with that SPECS since then
for as long as the SPECS work for me.

I have O'Reilly BIND Book for BIND 4. I know there are
latter editions. But I have no need for them now.

SPACE delimiters worked for you; stay with it.  TABS
work for me.

I'd be grateful if you can point to me an RFC, Book,
or Online Internet Document to say about enhancements
to this specs.

TABS are still OK because it works for me.

But I do not rely on luck when it comes to operating
computers and networks. I have to satisfy myself that
it is part of the SPECS. That's the rule I follow.