I'm trying to convert my personal PC use from Windoze to Linux. But there is a Win application that I've used for a long time for flat-file databases: Filemaker Pro. It's much better than other simple Win databases (eg, Access) and it isn't Microsoft!

Can anyone suggest a Linux alternative? My key database is a database of my experimentation with bush food plants (yes, I know geek and gardener seem somewhat contradictory :-). This has several fields that contain bitmaps (photographs of plants). I know about SQL databases, but it seems a tad overkill for this - and there isn't a simple GUI front-end.

Regards,
Edwin Humphries, Managing Director
Ironstone Technology Pty Ltd
P. O. Box 423, Kiama, NSW, 2533