Jason Rennie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered the following thing:
> Ok so which capture cards do people recommend ?
>
> I've got MythTV running but my old TV tuner cards seems to have died
> somewhere along the way.
>
> I was interested in getting a DVB card, what works well with linux and
> what sort of prices have people seen around the place ?

Grab either a Hauppauge Nova-T card to pick up digital broadcasts for
the best quality, or the Hauppauge PVR-250 that will do hardware MPEG
encoding of analogue broadcasts. Both cards are excellent and you dont
need much CPU power to use them (though the DVB will require 1+GHz).

I grabbed a Nova-T card from somewhere in canberra for $199 about a year ago.

BB