Jason Rennie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered the following thing:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to buy a DVB card for my MythTV box, but I can't work out what
> the heck is actually supported based on the information on the
> manufactures website and reading over the  CARDS info for the DVB
> driver.
>
> Apart from that Haupage Nova-T card (which I can only find from HT for
> $269) what is know to work ?
>
> Jason

Check www.linuxtv.org - it's the primary linux dvb web site.

You will probably find that the Nova-T card is the cheapest one
available - it's a fairly basic card with no mpeg decoder (you'll need
to do that in software).

You can find this card on ebay for a lot less than $269 (european
sellers have them for 99 euros, about $150).

Fortunately, the linux dvb stuff is becoming very mature and there are
a few excellent full featured applications around (eg MythTV and VDR). I
speak from experience, as I've got live DVB and TV setups for various
formats running (DVB terrestrial, analogue and satellite).

BB