Rev Simon Rumble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered the following thing:
> This one time, at band camp, Ben Buxton wrote:
>
> > Check www.linuxtv.org - it's the primary linux dvb web site.
> >
> > You will probably find that the Nova-T card is the cheapest one
> > available - it's a fairly basic card with no mpeg decoder (you'll need
> > to do that in software).
>
> Be aware, however, that the Europeans use a different channel width for
> VHF DVB-t transmissions (Germans are the only ones using VHF IIRC) so
> some of the earlier cards might not work.  AFAIK, all the Nova-t ones
> support the Australian stuff though.

Interesting to hear this - I'd have thought that DVB would have
eliminated the regional variations as there would be no more issues with
PAL/NTSC or problems with audio/video channel separation. But anywaym
the Nova-T cards work in oz anyway, dont know about other cards.

> Which cities in Australia are using VHF?

http://www.aba.gov.au/tv/digitaltv/

Lots of good info there including frequencies (VHF + UHF).

BB