This one time, at band camp, Peter Hardy wrote:
>I have a machine hosted in the US that's in need of a reinstall.
>Upgrading isn't really an option- the current OS can't be trusted after
>a recent breakin, besides which the version of Red Hat it's running now
>is far too crusty to attempt an upgrade to Fedora.

How crusty?

>The only likely result I've seen from google,
>http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?s=541e07a7d1425c3dc2df69e6c48e0a52&showtopic=236207
>
>, seems to imply that the install CD has an sshd on board, which a friendly
>NOC guy will cheerfully start. However it then goes on to say that the NOC
>guy has to be friendly enough to actually run through a bare install.

That link seems to say that the people at the other end will have to do the
basic install.

I'm pretty sure I had ssh access during a kickstart though -- needed to
start sshd from the spare console first, but after that had remote access
during the install.  However by this stage it's well after all the questions
are asked.