<quote who="Alan L Tyree">

> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:43:07 +1100
> Vlad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I have a Dell P1 133MHz laptop, with 24Mb RAM and 1GB hdd.  I want to
> > install Linux on it, just to prove some Widoze zealots that it can run
> > better with Linux then Win98.  A no-frills install of Debian was
> > suggested to me last night, just wondering if there's another distro
> > to consider.
> Vlad,
> I run Debian Sarge on a laptop that has similar specs. Because of the
> mouse problem, I find IceWm to be one of the best, but I have also run
> fluxbox and Xfce without problems.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan

Alan or indeed anyone on this list,

What word processor do you recommend on a computer with less than 64MB
RAM?

I think you would need 64MB RAM to successfully run OpenOfficeOrg.
(Maybe Ken Foskey could advise us?)

Can anyone comment on the memory requirements of AbiWord?

dsl uses PatheticWriter (part of Siag Office) and Feather Linux uses Ted
but both are very limited compared to OO and Abi.

cheers,

Ken