On Tue, Dec 07, 2004, O Plameras wrote:
> In the case of your original post I did not comment because I did not
> have sufficient understanding of the issues. For example, what is the
> linux kernel version you are trying to upgrade from ?

2.6.3, Debian kernel build.

> What are the logical device names for this SATA device in the original
> version of linux you are upgrading from ?

/dev/hde

> I assume you can do the above because you can boot off your original
> system that is to be upgraded.

I will try it, however I am less optimistic because the controller
driver has changed: if I can't convince 2.6.8/9 to load the new driver
before pivot_root, then it can't mount /. Pure speculation still, but
fiddling around with the initrd is still looking like the best bet.

-Mary