> Don't forget with linux drivers are kernel based. So I'm not sure what
> mga_drv.o and vga_drv.o are, but they're not what your looking for.
> Kernel modules are hiding in /lib/modules/2.4.x/ don't forget to
> replace the x with the final version number of your kernel. The mga
> drivers is hiding in drivers/char/drm/ to be exact.

Under Linux, some drivers require a kernel module some don't, all X
drivers are user space based, with most that require 3D needing a kernel
driver, and a lot requiring AGP support in the kernel at least...

For an mga it'll work fine without the kernel driver if agp is working and
you only want 2D.. the kernel driver (drm) is only for 3d features...

The X driver e.g.mga_drv.o is important and should be what is in the
xorg.conf or XF86Config...

Dave.