<quote who="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">

> User a has a completely normal desktop. She is unaware that there is
> another.
>
> User b has a completely normal desktop. She is unaware that there is
> another.
>
> Choose which desktop you wish to own with <ctrl><alt> and continue.
>
> The screen-saver even obeys the rules of the visible desktop, while the
> invisible DT is ignored. We do, and have for years, run with 4 desktops.
> This is how it does work, not a theory of how it may or may not work.

The advantage of using gdmflexiserver is that it is dynamic (only invoke new
X servers and greeters when required) and it integrates nicely into things
like xscreensaver's locking functionality. You can set up multiple X servers
manually, sure, but that's much further away from what XP has, and 'normal'
users won't be looking to set things up like that.

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2005: Stuttgart, Germany                      http://2005.guadec.org/

   I must be getting old... Buying toothpaste with gel in it is no longer
                           an Absolute Necessity.