John,

Much appreciated. Worked a treat. Just what I needed to know.

Regards,
Patrick

John Clarke wrote:

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 08:52:10 +1100, Elliott-Brennan wrote:

1. I gather that I can type 'xset m 1/8/ 1/8' at the command line (for speed and acceleration) - is this correct?

RTFM. From xset(1):

      m       The m option controls the mouse  parameters.   The
              parameters  for  the  mouse are `acceleration' and
              `threshold'.  The acceleration can be specified as
              an  integer,  or as a simple fraction.  The mouse,

2. Using the command line, how can I find out what the current settings are?

Also from the man page:

      q       The  q option gives you information on the current
              settings.

Cheers,

John